The party's position on the Taef accord.
It is typically normal for the party to reject in meaning and form the Taef accord
because it fundamentally contradicts its ideology, political program and strategy.
The main reasons behind the party's position are:
- The accord was prepared and signed outside the Lebanese territories in Saudi Arabia, the
same country that sponsored the Riyad accord which granted the Syrians a legitimate cover
under what was known at the time as the Arab Deterrent Force. Saudi Arabia financed the
wars of the Palestinians and strangers against Lebanon. It also covered the expenses of
the Syrian regime's occupation of it.
From its position as a resisting party and in the name conscience of the genuine
Lebanese resistance we say: The Lebanese people strictly rejects any accord imposed on it
from without and only accepts decisions that are made on its territory and based on its
national will. Doing this, we remain faithful to every drop of blood that was spilled on
this holy ground while confronting the Palestinian harlotry and Syrian occupation.
- The Taef accord puts Lebanon under the mandate of the Arabs and this constitutes a
fraudulence to its true identity.
- The very same politicians who previously signed the Cairo accord in 1969, were
responsible for drafting the Taef accord. The Lebanese people was yearning to try them
instead of giving them a chance to sign a new humiliating accord.
- The Taef accord gave Syria a free hand in Lebanon's fate. It is now using Lebanon as a
tool in its struggle against Israel while the Syrio-Israeli frontier is calm and quiet .
- Our rejection to the Taef accord is compatible with the will of the vast majority of the
Lebanese people who marched to Baabda palace in 1989 to announce their rejection to it.
- The constitutional reforms that rendered Lebanon with a 3-head (troika) political system
and showed that the war was one between the Lebanese themselves.
- The demand to have distinctive relations with Syria which we completely reject and
- Forcing Lebanon to go back into the traditional politics that was the main reason behind
Anyone who reads history carefully, perceive beyond doubt that the Lebanese people
knows how to bend without being broken, how to revolt at the right time and will remain,
as always, a dramatic people whose challenge is his fate.