Party of the Guardians of the Cedars- National Lebanese Movement
In view of the divisions within the Lebanese parties and movements, some of whom perform under the auspices of this double-dealer government, the Party of the Guardians of the Cedars-National Lebanese Movement, issued the following communiqué:
What is happening within these parties and movements does not concern us nor does it concern the Lebanese people in any way. These parties and movements do not represent the people the slightest bit, and the reasons for which they bear this government’s yoke are well known. What interest us at the present are the following points:
- The Party of the Guardians of the Cedars still adheres to the principles announced on April 13, 1975, and proclaims its total loyalty to the Lebanese Lebanon, and not in any way to Arabism;
- The unceasing militancy in view of ending all Syrian presence in Lebanon; military, political and intelligence;
- The militancy in view of disarming and disbanding the fundamentalist organizations;
- The demand of new parliamentary elections that will ensure at long last true popular representation, and thereupon pave the way for noble leading personalities to assume decision-making positions;
- Imposing upon the present political trend a complete turn about in order to permit the creation of modern official institutions compatible with the third millennium, the aspirations of the coming generations and the immense sacrifices consented by the Lebanese throughout these long war years.
The Lebanese people are fed up with the traditional apparatus, with the allegiance to foreign powers and the submission to the neighboring countries. They yearn to see a new government full of ambition and whose allegiance is only to God and Lebanon.
At the Service of Lebanon,